Kitchen Pal –
Food Pantry App
Partner to create Kitchen Pal, a game-changing solution for managing kitchen and grocery shopping. It features a unique combination of pantry management, grocery list generation, recipe suggestions, and family organization tools, all integrated into one platform. With machine learning technology that adapts to user behavior, users can optimize their pantry and grocery shopping, reducing waste and saving time and money in the process.
2 Full Stacks & 2 Front End
Food & Beverage
Products and Services
iOS & Android app
2020 – 2021
Build Your Winning Product With Us
One of the challenges to develop this innovative food pantry app was the highly competitive nature of the mobile app market. The demand for such an app was and still is high, especially during the pandemic. This meant that SmartDev had to come up with a solution that would help KitchenPal stand out amongst its competitors.
Another significant challenge was the international nature of the project. The client is a French startup, but the company is registered in Singapore – which added an exciting international flair to the project.
In addition to the above challenges, there were also technical challenges that we had to overcome.
For example, developing accurate barcode ingredient detection algorithms was crucial to the success of the app. SmartDev had to ensure that the app could accurately identify the ingredients in a user’s fridge, as well as make recommendations based on what was available. This required a deep understanding of machine learning algorithms, computer vision, and data analysis.
Kitchen Pal Core Features
- Organize kitchen supply into pantry, fridge food, freezer, cleaning supplies.
- Receive alerts when users’ products are about to go bad
- Add users’ favourite brands by simply scanning the barcode
- Share & sync the app with other users
- Add users’ favourite items from the pantry to their shopping list
- Track leftovers, quantities & food expiry dates
- Allow users to search recipes by ingredient from millions of tasty recipes & ideas
- Links to the pantry manager and automatically suggests recipes which match users’ existing food inventory (not available on any other recipe app)
- Keep fit with light and healthy recipes (with nutritional information for easy tracking in fitness apps)
- Help manage grocery shopping by creating a shopping list based on the recipes users want to make.
Let’s Build Something Together
What is SmartDev?
How big is your development team?
How do I get a quote?
Put your email address in the form and an expert will contact you shortly after analyzing your business requirements. We sign an NDA to ensure the highest degree of privacy. We will then issue a comprehensive project proposal, including cost estimates, timelines and skills required for your project. Upon agreement, we will assemble your team and begin delivery within ten days.
Why choose SmartDev?
We have been delivering complex technology projects for businesses since 2014. The SmartDev team has expertise in front-end development, backend development, application development, APIs and other integrations with over 70% of developers having more than 3 years of industry-specific experience.